Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hubris

Listening to our President this morning on NPR made me happy and excited and at the end of the segment a little frustrated. The man is a vast improvement on what we have had in office and yet there is so much we need now that even he can't seem to manage. We need harder more definite changes immediately. Although he is a fair and centered leader which I understand isn't enough, we are needing a true maverick no actually we are needing a hellion. Of course that opens up another can or set of worms. I appreciate the pain from some people who responded to the Acorn comments. The pain was clear and I felt it in reading the threads yesterday regarding equating everything to racial tension. We are psychically exhausted as a community and we all are ready to progress out of this dark tired place of competition. "Us against them"...kind of thing. It happens in families and it happens every second of the day in our global community. The "Us against them" mentality doesn't make room for the "we are a unified species struggling to maintain a comfortable life on planet earth" model . Which by the way we are together struggling with our climate problems. At the rate we are polluting you'd think we were not stuck and ineffective as far as changing our behaviors. We are still dumping way way too much greenhouse emissions into the atmosphere. These accords and meetings and Kyoto plans are fine and dandy but underneath all of it is hubris. The planet isn't going to allow us to wait for 2013 or 20 anything it is speaking back to us with disastrous weather now. Still we fancy we have more time then we do. Oh well..a good ass kicking gets us to tow the line immediately and obviously we are too out of control to adjust our behaviors.

Ooh it's going to get interesting.

Back to race carding everything. I am certain some of us want it to end and I myself look forward to a world that is smarter. I really want us to be a more motivated smarter as a species...please can we all devote some time to daily learning something new?

Anyway...we are here. It is now. Ride a bike, turn off your lights, recycle, reuse refuse to buy more, simplify, rethink your spending ways and share or trade with your friends and neighbors.

Most important be kind to yourself and consciously join your community.

2 comments:

glt said...

sound advice...

last year when there were 12 candidates in the running, I took a quiz that told me I wanted to vote for Kucinich...I forget who was second, but the 6 republicans were last...

Bill E said...

I took that same quiz in 2000 and it told me Nader/LaDuke...

Followers