Thursday, November 7, 2013

Personal Dharma's

I discovered the one reason I was born or took life or decided to land on planet earth. Let me preface this with saying I believe planet earth is a teaching planet on a lower plane of knowledge (war, poverty,cruelty,etc…) it is a useful place to work misunderstandings out with too little damage to the cosmic whole. I have no proof and I am not interested in having to prove this I just find it comforting to me personally because how else can we make sense of inequality? If God is Omni everything , knowing, present, loving, blah, blah, blah then hardship is from a broader perspective a good thing. So I want to think and believe that we choose to come here to learn to have gravity and to suffer as well as taste a glimpse of bliss. So during my walk today it occurred to me why I took life. It occurred to me that my one lesson has been to thrive and prosper without any outside influence. To be self-contained and loving yes, in relationships, yes but not driven by them. If I were to look at my journey from day one all the places where I would lean in and depend on someone have been ripped away by circumstance and karma. I think when I can peacefully accept my Dharma it is less sad and more “huh”…or I get it! Some of us insist on life as a gift and one we earn and I think my beliefs can hold that too but I do suspect for me at least I am here to be autonomous and every day I am reminded of it and on face value it seems harsh but in truth it is liberating. Thanks to family and friends for helping get my lesson…I love you for it.

3 comments:

Mike said...

For whatever it's worth, and coming from a more traditional Bible background, I noticed a tremendous change for the better in my walk with God when I began to thank Him for the troubles of life, as well as the more obviously "good" blessings, and that does wonders in transforming your character for the better. It is with these troubles that He works in us a greater ability to live life more fully and freely. I have been able to overcome worry and fear simply because He allowed worrisome and fearful things to come my way. And by my thanking Him for them, He guided me through safely. This past year has been one of incredible growth for me, spiritually. And largely, for the most part, due to the hardships I endured. You cannot overcome something like worry without the presence of worrisome situations in your life, anymore than you can learn how to swim without getting into the water. So, I get where you're coming from. Glad you've arived into a better place. I know I have. Peace to you.

Unknown said...

Thank you Mike for sharing...

frenchwoman said...

Bonjour Rae, très beau texte, très beau partage. Le chemin de la prise de conscience est long, voir très long pour certain, mais inexistant pour d'autres malheureusement.
Je suis heureuse tout comme vous d'avoir reçu un peu d'intelligence pour pouvoir agrémenter ma vie de connaissance et d'épreuve pour savoir pourquoi je suis sur cette terre...

Followers