Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sold!

Recently someone suggested I write or comment on big business influencing policy. It is a sad fact one that Joe Pulitzer railed against over 100 years ago. He warned us to beware when corporation dictate policy. He said and it has played out that it will be the beginning of the end of that society. When you measure the response of our so called allies regarding our position in the global picture in both commerce and regarding national security, I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why we are the self elected world police. I think if everyone of our allies is cool with it than I think we here in America should charge for the service otherwise I for one want out of the war business. So it seems we are stuck in the middle holding the proverbial can which all of our allies are side stepping instead of donating and helping cover the costs as we bolster internally our own importance in the so called global war on terror. This is an expensive proposition. It is like Oprah the so called false conflict resolution we witnessed the other day. Where was the reveal where was the honesty? Nowhere because not one of those woman wanted to express what was going on. Why they didn’t connect because we or they didn’t want to be the first to cop to the ill will. When Whoopie asked Oprah what the deal was Oprah said there was no deal. Maybe true…I think if there was no deal then why wasn’t Whoopie included in any of her shows previously? It’s so obvious that there is “something” going on. There is a lot going on in the Universe of Oprah many of us on that couch have been vivisected by Oprah. Completely gutted in violent, permanently damaging ways, still no one has the guts or ability to face the, the HUGE Corporation called Oprah Inc. The huge juggernaut that makes up OPRAH has become THE behemoth the frightening power center that someone as historically bold like Whoopie is silenced in front of. We all are and everyone in our spheres is silenced as well. Too bad for you and me, no one will stand up to her except maybe Angelina Jolie and Kitty Kelly. I am not sure it was a good idea to do the show. In fact I should have never done the movie. To late…all done. The real issue here is lack of opportunity, lack of quality roles and lack of financing. It is fascinating how controlled we are by money. It is the lubrication that is the driving force in this society and in our life all at our peril. Pursuit of it like a cancer eats away at our integrity.

11 comments:

Charles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles said...

I only seen part of the show, but you waz looking good in those boots, not afraid to mix it up with Oprah as well as other suits in the biz. I could feel a little tension between you and the O, something she's not accustomed to :o)

Unknown said...

Yeah I think she is creepy. I know she is an easy big ass target. Not feeling her contributtion to media integration. sorta sick of her Oprah centric-ness...as I am sick of Tyler Perrys contributions too.

Suzi from Ojai said...

I noticed you rockin those boots too! Very cute!

Diane said...

I missed the show because I was at work. I tried finding it on the Internet, but the only video footage Oprah approved was the Whoopie's, everyone else was blocked..surprise, surprise. That's a little suspicious, its like she wants to reiterate there is no quarrel between the two of them.

Suzi from Ojai said...

You can find it on hulu.com. Search oprah, color purple reunion. You will hear everyones favorite lines that they had in the movie. Rae dawn will crack you up!

glt said...

I missed the whole thing!!! Is it on youtube? I'll check. Thankfully it sounds like you were mostly clothed in front of that demoness. I love name calling and insulting as you know. Despite being "vivisected", and "completely gutted in permanently damaging ways", I can still raise my ire! Hopefully I will be in tune with yours. I've never liked the Opulence Queen. It's not racial believe me---it's strictly a greed oriented prejudice. The depths some people will descend to in order to make themselves a household name like Cornflakes or Kleenex leaves the door wide open for any supershallow nerd-blossom to trip over himself getting thru before the wind blows it shut...soon, I hope. This greed crap has got to stop NOW! XXXOOO!

Dwane T. said...

Well, I'm glad you did the show. I'm proud you did the movie. Like I said before, it will never make my top 50 as far as the hit brothers took from it. But I got a chance to see some beautiful sisters give some amazing performances on one screen at one time. That's worth celebrating 25 years later.

Having said that, if there was feigned restraint and love between Oprah and Whoopie, I think it's pretty clear that you two don't like each other. Her researchers probably read your blog. I actually got a little pissed off when she was talking about enjoying hitting you... then again it pissed me off when I saw the movie too. But as the saying goes, living well is the best revenge... and Oprah can only wish that time was as good to her as it was to you. You looked wonderful.

Unknown said...

OMG what a spoiled girl am I. Thank you everyone.
I had a blast with the whole shedoodle.
It is/was surreal and I enjoyed my friends.
Especially Willard and Akosua.
Life has been good to me.

truly.

Suzi from Ojai said...

...and you can always say, you got the first 'slap' in! Before you got punched, well worth it. :)

glt said...

I remember when you made sense on FB with yer daily notes...people actually listened to you...you were like a gateway drug to truth.

Followers