Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Election cycle and the crazy myths.

My feelings get stirred up when I watch footage of Rush “the Terrible” speaking with bald hated about President Obama, it saddens me and makes me angry so much so I want to ask the FCC to take him off the air. Of course it also reminds me of the school yard limerick “I know you are but what am I” said in my childhood to diffuse a put down. The NY Times has released an op-ed piece outlining the 5 myths of Obama-care; If it doesn’t off a direct click through copy and paste it in your browser. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/16/opinion/keller-five-obamacare-myths.html?smid=pl-share I think it is an ugly time here in America and I am a little frightened by the vitriolic nakedness from the other side. It isn’t as bad as it has been obviously but the ghost of vile Jim Crow is pretty present. I cannot help feeling that something desperate and ugly is around the corner and I hope I am wrong. It just feels like when a rabid animal is trapped it tends to bite. The radical right feels rabid and the teeth are very sharp and the money is piled high and it is scary. My faith in goodness, education, wisdom and intelligent reason is firm but man is it getting scary out there. I know POTUS is not perfect but I sure do appreciate his candor and willingness to say as much. God bless Joe Biden never has a man been so helpful and inspiring he is damn good at making the much needed points for POTUS. It is the gypsy curse these crazy times, that is for sure and damn if it ain’t interesting!

1 comment:

Unchosen said...

Let's debunk some more myths. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/four-biggest-spending-myths-debunked

Followers